Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Outlet.

I have decided to create this blog as an outlet for my creative expression. I am currently a graduate student in a Doctorate of Physical Therapy program, so most of my time is consumed with classes and studying. I feel as though I have somewhat neglected a piece of me in the process this last year and a half - as can be evidenced by my pile of pictures waiting to be scrapbooked!!

So, what better time to begin a blog than today?! I had the afternoon off of classes so that we could watch Obama's innauguration if we so desired. I did - and I enjoyed his speech. I loved his focus on our nation's values rather than on his agenda for the next four years. I also liked his reference to the American people as a patchwork of people from varying backgrounds. I kept this in mind as I decided upon my blog title this afternoon. I think of my interests as being similar to a weathered patchwork quilt. I love the outdoors and creativity, so most of my interests tend to stem from and dabble in those general areas of interest.

Yesterday, it snowed a bit and I was hoping to get enough to go sledding or build a snowman because I haven't done either of those since childhood. But when the accumulation did not meet my fancy, I decided to go to the arboretum nearby to try out my new camera on the "Conifer Trail." The resultant pictures are as follows:





Hope someone out there takes an interest to my blog, and if not I will blissfully post anyway. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the first to comment on your blog. I can't wait to start on my quilt...inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete