Monday, March 16, 2009

Findings

1. A few weeks ago, I was sorting through some things that reside under my bed (because there is far too little space in my apartment for it all). And I found this delightful piece of fabric in a dainty paper bag along with a string of sequins. Apparently, I had big plans for this some time ago and it completely slipped my mind. Maybe I'll have to reinstate the plans?


2. As it is almost spring, I am realizing that I have yet to finish the afghan that I started LAST DECEMBER. It's been over a year, and I have not taken the time to finish it. Perhaps because the colors are not particularly becoming to me (my mom picked them out - and it is for her). I am officially making it my goal to give it to her when I go home for Easter.


3. I had heard of Keri Smith's book Wreck This Journal - so today I decided to see what it's all about. It is full of virtually blank pages with instructions on how to wreck each page in a different way (i.e. spilling coffee on it, poking holes in it with your pencil, dragging it around town while walking or biking...) I am going to run out an buy a copy shortly. I think it will be good for me to do because I am so neurotic about cleanliness and order sometimes. I usually can't walk past a sink full of dirty dishes without cleaning them. So as I was looking into what the book is all about, I found the author's blog. On it I found two things of interest. First, a list of 100 ideas to perform while journaling. [my plan is to start with the wreck this journal book, and follow it up with the 100 ideas] And second, I found the following Venn diagram:


Cheers,
TC

1 comment: